Monday 27 April 2015

Milkshakes and missing the Harry Potter bus || In London || Part 1

Hello!
 
 
A little bit over a week ago I was in England with my best friend Ingvild and my dad. We had a great time (despite the fact that I got really allergic on the Sunday). 
We managed to actually get tickets for the Harry Potter studio tour after all(thanks to a lovely thing called Google), and we were going there on Saturday.
 On the ticket that I got we had the address for where we were going to take the buss from(which was some place in Victoria, London) and I had earlier seen that a Harry Potter themed bus had left from the same place where we would take the bus to Stansted Airport. So naturally, I thought I knew where the bus would go from.
 
We had about three hours in Victoria before the bus was leaving so we thought we would just go and have something to eat and go shopping in the meantime.
 
We went to this really cool 50's diner at Victoria Place(I think that was what it was called) where me and Ingvild had milkshakes and my dad had a hot chocolate. And trust me when I say this, the milkshakes were NOT small. (it was enough for THREE milkshakes in one of those tin things)
 
 
Also, I forgot to tell you, when we had arrived in London with the bus from the airport, it CRASHED into the Harry Potter bus which was parked on one of the sides.
 
Anyway, when two and a half hour had passed, we decided to go back to the bus station and stand in line to the bus. When we got there I noticed something that did not look right...
There was a sign there which said Golden Tours(and we had Evan Evans), but I didn't think much of it, because it DID say Victoria on our ticket, so I thought it was the same.
 
When the time was 12:55 they started to let people on the bus and check their tickets. When Ingvild and me was going on the bus the lady told us that we were on the wrong place and my heart dropped to my stomach.
We were at the wrong place and it was FIVE MINUTES until the bus would leave. Of course I started to panic.
 
Me and Ingvild ran out from the bus station and outside. Across the street there was a different bus station, and we ran inside and up to a info desk where two workers looked weird at both of us (since the temperature was about 16 celsius and we were both in our Hogwarts School uniforms, and I was also wearing a giant black poncho-looking thing)
One of the workers told us that the busses for Harry Potter WB studio tour did not leave from there, only in the morning.
 
Now the time was 12:59 and it was one minute left...
Me and Ingvild ran outside again, and we did not know where to look anymore so we ran up to some people who told us where to find it. By the time they were done talking the time was 13:05, and I knew we had missed the bus.
I seriously wanted to cry(don't laugh!), I was so tired and warm after all the running. Ingvild, on the other hand did not want to give up just yet.
 
While we were walking/running towards the place where the bus had left, Ingvild called Evan Evans tours and asked them if it was possible to get picked up at a different place.
Which the kind woman(I think it was a woman) told us that we could.
 
We got a taxi to a fancy hotel and waited there for a few minutes until a lady came in the lobby and asked for the people who were going on the Harry Potter WB studio tour.
 
We got on the bus and were so happy that we ACTUALLY made it.
 
I will be posting more about this trip later.
 
 
xoxo Josey
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment